Casting call for sci-fi thriller film ‘The Darkest Minds’

The sci-fi thriller feature film “The Darkest Minds” is now casting kids and teens to work as extras in Atlanta, GA.

The film is based on the novel of the same name by New York Times bestselling author Alexandra Bracken. Shooting is taking place in Atlanta, GA beginning in early April, 2017. Academy Award nominee Jennifer Yuh Nelson is directing “The Darkest Minds” from an adapted screenplay written by Chad Hodge. H. H. Cooper is 1st AD. Academy Award nominee Shawn Levy is producing along with Academy Award nominee Dan Levine and Dan Cohen.

“The Darkest Minds” is about when disease wipes out 98% of the world’s children, the remaining 2% are placed in internment camps. One girl escapes and joins other teens on the run from the government. BET Awards winner Amandla Stenberg plays the lead role of Ruby, Harris Dickinson plays Liam, and Miya Cech is Suzume. Also joining the cast is Black Reel Awards nominee playing the role of Chubs.

“The Darkest Minds” Casting Call

All actors, extras, stand-ins, photo-doubles and crew members are required to be legally eligible to work in the entertainment industry in Atlanta, GA and in the United States. The Atlanta Actors Resource Guide eBook contains the information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work on film productions in Atlanta, GA and the United States. All Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.

The casting directors for the feature film “The Darkest Minds” are seeking the following to work as fully paid extras:

KIDS – Seeking Thin Framed Kids Ages 10 – 13. Siblings are encouraged to apply. All Ethnicities
Rate: $64/8 hours
Date: April 13th OR April 17th
Location: South Atlanta

GIRLS – Seeking Thin Framed Girls Ages 13 – 20. All Ethnicities
Rate: $64/8 hours
Date: April 17th
Location: South Atlanta

If your child or children fit the descriptions then please email the following

Include 3 recent color photos (head, body and profile) age, height, weight, location where you live, and all contact info. Subject: CAMP KIDS

They will ask availability one you have submitted.

Principal Actor Casting Director (speaking roles only)

Automatic Sweat Casting
2656 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034

NOTE: Starring and supporting roles are being cast through talent agents in Los Angeles. You can find comprehensive listings and submission addresses for talent agents here. However, if you are not signed with an agent and wish to self-submit, I highly recommend that your 8×10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.

Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.

Click Here to purchase the best resume and cover letter paper.

Film Crew Members

Experienced film crew members available to work in Atlanta, GA can submit resumes to the following:

Production Companies:

Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions (see above).

Darkest Minds Production Office
3855 Presidential Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30340

21 Laps Entertainment
10201 W. Pico Blvd.
Bldg.41, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90064

Line Producer:

John Starke


Shawn Levy
Dan Levine
Dan Cohen


Chad Hodge


Jennifer Yuh Nelson

1st Assistant Director:

H. H. Cooper


Amandla Stenberg – Ruby
Harris Dickinson – Liam
Miya Cech – Suzume
Skylan Brooks – Chubs


“The Darkest Minds” centers on a young girl named Ruby, who woke up on her tenth birthday, and something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control. Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones. When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her-East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents. When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.