The crime-thriller feature film “Den of Thieves” will begin shooting in Atlanta, GA on January 30, 2017. Producers are now casting various roles for extras and featured background actors. The current casting needs are posted below. The film centers on the intersecting and often personally connected lives of an elite unit of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the state’s most successful bank robbery crew as they plan a seemingly impossible heist on the Federal Reserve Bank of downtown Los Angeles.
Starring in “Den of Thieves” is MTV Movie Awards winner Gerard Butler playing the role of “Big Nick” Flanagan, leader of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Metro Robbery-Homicide Division. Also starring in “Den of Thieves” is Grammy Award winner Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson as Enson, part of a ragtag group of misfits and heavies. Christian Gudegast is directing from an original screenplay that he wrote with Writers Guild of America WGA Award nominee Paul Scheuring. Gudegast is also producing along with Gerard Butler, Mark Canton, Alan Siegel, Paul Brooks, and Tucker Tooley. Executive producers are J.C. Spink, D. Scott Lumpkin, Glenn Feig, and Jamie Marshall.
Den of Thieves Casting Call Details
The following roles are currently being cast for the feature film “Den of Thieves”. Filming is taking place in Atlanta, GA. Travel and lodging are not provided, therefore you must be local to the Atlanta, GA area OR be willing to work as a “local hire”. These are fully paid positions as extras and featured players.
To be considered, all actors and extras must be legally eligible to work in the entertainment industry in Atlanta, GA. You can find eligibility and work permit information in the Atlanta Actors Resource Guide.
• A male of Samoan, Pacific Islander or similar descent for featured role. Email a recent photo and all contact information to DenExtras@gmail.com with SAMOAN in the subject line.
• Cops and Law Enforcement types. Male and Females, any ethnicity. 21 years of age and older. Email a recent photo and all contact information to DenExtras@gmail.com with COP TYPES in the subject line.
• A group of friends, 18 and 19 years old only, who can look younger. All ethnicities, specifically Asian, Hispanic, Caucasian and mixed-race looks. Shooting in late January and early February. Email a recent photo, age, clothing sizes and all contact info to: DenExtras@gmail.com with FEATURED FRIEND in the subject line.
• A blonde “super hot” female age 20-30 and a brunette Caucasian or Hispanic female “both comfortable with being topless in one scene.” Will work four days total at featured rate. Email two recent photos and all contact info to DenExtras@gmail.com with FEATURED GIRLFRIEND in the subject line.
• A “biker type” who must have a Harley for a specific scene. Email photo of yourself and your Harley to DenExtras@gmail.com – BIKER in the subject line.
• Females, any ethnicity, 20-30 years old “to portray strippers.” No nudity but skimpy attire. Some featured roles and rates. Specifically looking for a blonde female and Asian female for featured spots. Email two recent photos and all contact information to DenExtras@gmail.com with DANCER in the subject line.
Principal Actor Casting Director (speaking roles only)
Automatic Sweat Casting
2656 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Starring and supporting roles are mainly being cast through talent agents. You can find comprehensive listings and submission addresses for talent agents here. However, if you are not signed with an agent and wish to self-submit, I highly recommend that your 8×10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.
Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.
Click Here to purchase the best resume and cover letter paper.
Film Crew Members
Experienced film crew members who are available to work in Atlanta, GA can submit resumes to the following:
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions (see above).
Lions Den Productions, LLC
1385 Collier Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
844 Seward Street
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Mad Riot Entertainment
488 Madison Avenue
New York NY 10022
9200 West Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Good Fear Films
8447 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Reder & Feig
421 South Beverly Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90212
D. Scott Lumpkin
1st Assistant Director:
Joe Camp III
Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson
Amongst a crew of thieves, Donnie Alison pulls off the heist of a Brinks armored truck. This baffles Nick Flanagan, leader of the unconventional Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Metro Robbery-Homicide Division, because there was no money in the truck. Nick’s group is made up of a ragtag group of misfits and heavies who are known as his Regulators. Nick and his team launch an investigation, and find Donnie to be the weakest point. Nick approaches him at The Hofbrau where Donnie bartends. He later kidnaps him and takes him back to a shady motel for interrogation. After Donnie urinates in his pants he is coerced into telling them how he met the crew’s leader known as Merrimen. Donnie reveals in flashback that Merrimen had just been released from prison and was looking for a big score. In the flashback, Donnie is approached by one of his crew and asked if he would like to contribute his services as a getaway driver. Donnie assures them he hasn’t done anything, and Nick lets him leave. Merrimen, Donnie, and the rest of the crew case the Los Angeles Federal Reserve. Merrimen informs them that all of the money from various businesses ends up here, where millions of it is discarded and shredded for being unfit currency. His plan is to break in and steal the unfit cash before it is shredded. While the crew goes over the details of the heist, Nick Flanagan and his Regulators investigate the Brinks robbery and attempt to figure out what their next target is going to be. Meanwhile, Donnie meets a beautiful wealthy girl by the name of Valeria and builds up the nerve to ask her out. They go out on a date, and while it appears to be going well, he lies to her about the luxury car he rented specifically for the evening because he was afraid she wouldn’t like him otherwise. She finds out and forces him to take her home immediately. Donnie and the crew have dinner at Benihana. Nick walks in and pretends to know him from the gym. Afterward, Merrimen is suspicious and drives to a mortuary where he forces Donnie to strip down so he can check and see if he is wearing a wire. Donnie confesses that Nick is a cop but didn’t tell him anything. Nick finds out about the Federal Reserve job while Merrimen continues to plan his heist. Later, while bartending, Valeria approaches Donnie and confesses that she likes him regardless of his financial situation.