The upcoming Sony Pictures feature film “I Hate You, Dad” held open casting calls in several U.S. cities in April (see here) and are now accepting email submissions from teen boys who can play a 13 year old version of Adam Sandler.
Major Role Update: The film’s principal actor casting director has informed me that they have made the following changes to the role of “Young Donny” or the “Young Adam Sandler look-alike”:
• The actor can be more smooth talking, good looking, and confident.
• He can look similar to lightly resemble Adam Sandler as opposed to looking “exactly” like him as was requested initially. Young Donny is confident and somewhat cocky. A good looking boy, Donny has no hesitation hitting on his teacher.
• They are also looking for 18 year old boys who can pass as 13 to 15 years old.
If you fit the description for this role, please submit via email to the following: email@example.com
• In the email SUBJECT LINE, put name, role, city and state of residence. Example: JOHN DOE – 13 year old, Anywhere, USA).
• In the email BODY, put talent’s first and last name, date-of-birth, parent or guardians name if a minor, and contact information.
• Attach two recent color snapshots to the email.
• Include any acting experience or any other relevant information.
Additional co-starring and supporting roles are also available.
The films stars include Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, James Caan, Vanilla Ice and Leighton Meester. The picture is about a cantankerous father who moves in with his son and his son’s gold-digger fiancee just before the son is to get married. The father and fiancee quickly become terribly embroiled in conflict
Sean Anders and John Morris are directing from a script originally written by TV comedy writer David Caspe, who recently signed a two year production deal with Sony Pictures Television. Caspe is creator/head writer on the upcoming Sony Pictures Television TV series “Happy Endings,” which premiers April 13, 2011 on ABC. “Wanderlust” writers David Wain and Ken Marino were brought in to rewrite the “I Hate You, Dad” script.
Adam Sandler, Heather Parry, and Jack Giarraputo will produce under the banner of their company Happy Madison Productions. The company’s production office is located in the Judy Garland building on the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, CA, Barry Bernardi and director John Morris will executive produce.
In addition to the young Adam Sandler role, the casting director is also auditioning actors to play the following roles, which should be submitted through talent agents or to the principal actor casting director listed below via postal mail only. Follow strict submission guidelines:
• Female, 80’s. Grandma Dolores, used to be a model for Woolworth’s in the 1930’s.
• Female, to play 27 yrs old, Caucasian. Mary aka Miss McGarricle, a teacher at the school where 13 year old Donny is a student. Takes place in the 80’s so should have the style of a gorgeous 80’s type with big Jersey hair. Must be the typical hot teacher fantasy type, yet with a sweet personality. Must be ok with the films type of humor where she seduces a student, then ends up in prison for it.
• Male, 25 – 35ish, Caucasian. US Marine Corps Iraq war veteran named Troy, intimidating, very strong build, buzz cut hair, semi-unstable personality. Has an excessively amorous relationship with his sister Stacy, played by Leighton Meester. Seems almost jealous of Stacy’s fiancée Todd, played by Andy Samberg.
• Female, 58 – 68ish, Caucasian. Helen, the mother of Stacy and Troy. Extremely rich successful Boston businesswoman. Beautiful for her age. Dominant in her relationship with Gerald.
• Male, 60 – 70ish, Caucasian. Stacy and Troy step-father, married to Helen. Kind demeanor, organized, and subservient to Helen. Has accepted his submissive role in the relationship.
• Male, 25 – 30ish, Asian or Indian. Phil, works as an accountant in Helen’s company and is a friend of Todd’s. Gets bumped from being his best-man when Donny shows up. Think sweet Howdy-Doody type.
• Male, 35 – 50ish, ethnicity unspecified. Craig, is Donny’s attorney. Always gives his best to help Donny get out of legal problems, but doesn’t always have sensible resolutions. Overtly rose-colored positive outlook, not the greatest attorney, but has good intentions.
• Male, 30 – 40ish, Italian American. Antonio, a non-typical wedding planner. Speaks with a strong New York accent, a guy’s guy, Big and tough, very vocal with no qualms about using 4 letter words. A working-class urban type personality with an overtly macho attitude.
• Female, 45 – 55ish, African American. Champale, long time friend of Donny’s and likes to play a motherly figure to him. She is a stripper at Donny’s club loves to be topless even when not working. She has a self image of being the hottest babe around even though she is overweight. Says it like it is.
• Female, 25ish, African American. Brie, beautiful loving daughter of Champale who also works in Donny’s club. Very understanding of her mom and Donny’s situations.
Principal photography on “I Hate You Dad” begins June 6, 2011 in Boston, MA. The scheduled release date is June 15, 2012.
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit for principal acting roles.
Please submit photos and resumes by mail only.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
Principal Actor Casting:
“I Hate You, Dad” Casting
5933 W. Slauson Avenue
Culver City, CA 90230
Sande Alessi Casting
13731 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
10202 West Washington Blvd.
Judy Garland Bldg.
Culver City, CA 90232
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Adam Sandler – Donny
Andy Samberg – Todd
Leighton Meester – Stacy
James Caan – Marvin
Vanilla Ice – Himself
At 13 years old, Donny Levine, had knocked up his beautiful 27 year old teacher. After she was sent to prison, Donny was left to raise their son Han Solo on his own which he did terribly. Now 40, Donny (Adam Sandler) is a used hot tub salesman, and he’s looking at possibly doing three years in prison for failing to pay his taxes. Donny must seek out adult Han, who is now well-to-do, being a hedge fund manager for help. Unfortunately, Han – who changed his name to Todd (Andy Samberg) hates him so much he tells people that his parents are dead. Leighton Meester will play Todd’s fiancée Stacey. She’s really just after his money, but he’s so whipped it takes Donny to expose her sham. She’s aggressive and demanding and gets worse as the wedding progressively degenerates.